Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grandma's Family

This quilt I made for my Grandma.  Her hands are in the middle, surrounding her hands are all of her descendants with their husbands or wives and their children.  My Grandma had five girls and 13 grandchildren; at the time of her death she had 14 great-grandchildren.  The littlest ones' hands didn't make it on the quilt and there have been additions since she died in the summer of 2009.  When we buried her, this quilt was inside covering her with all our hands...
Grandma's Family by mommaof4yoopers
 I sent this to be quilted at a local shop, The Quilted Moose, in Sault Ste. Marie, MI.  The quilter did such an admirable job, she outlined each hand then went on to stipple.  I did the binding.
Grandma's hands are in the middle...
My family (without Henry) is the upper right corner!


Grandma's Family, a photo by mommaof4yoopers on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment