Friday, July 29, 2011

Along came another...

 In 2003 I discovered we would be having another little one the following spring.  My husband wanted to be surprised on the gender but I found out at the 20 week ultrasound.  I was able to keep it under wraps until fairly far into my pregnancy when I slipped and made a comment about how we wouldn't need to worry about boy things....  I tried covering like crazy, saying I was speaking in hypotheticals but I guess Dr. Army is too smart for me!

While I was pregnant we went home to Michigan for my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary, which is the day after Christmas.  My Grandma Donna and I worked on these two quilts, one for each gender, so Dr. Army wouldn't find out the gender of our baby.  If he were only slightly more observant he would have noticed that the fabrics on the feminine quilt were much nicer than those on the masculine quilt.  What can I say?  He's a guy not into fabric!

I will say, when Donna (my 7yo) was born she looked quite cute on the quilt and it was so special to have something that her great-grandmother and I worked on together since she has Grandma Donna's name.

Like I've said before, I'm a kiss-up.  Shameless, I know.  When Donna was 9 months old, she and her brother were very cute one day and my husband and I decided another wouldn't be so bad.  Besides, everyone needs a tie breaker, right?  9 months later we had Gordon.  Yup, you guessed it I named Gordon after my Grandpa.  But folks at home didn't call him Gordon, they called him Bud; so we refer to Gordon as Gordie-Bud at times....

I guess I was lucky I made that extra quilt.  I certainly wouldn't have had time with all the craziness I had going on to make another quilt for another baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment