Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Baby love...

Ian's quilt
Soon after my success at purchasing all the necessary equipment to get started in my quilting adventure, then the completion of the flag quilt, I made a go of a baby size quilt.  My cousin was having her second baby and I used that nice little excuse to make this simple little guy...

This quilt I tried to be slightly asymmetrical with adding sashing on the sides before the final strip of blocks.   I was more than happy to let this go as I found that I did not like my little experiment.  I have to say unfortunately this began my affliction with overanalyzing my work and nitpicking each detail.  Perhaps this is why I've not kept any quilts for myself. However, with this gift I discovered how fun it was to make cozy blankets for little squirming additions to my family and friend's homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment